Skip to main content

CRESTFALLEN

Crestfallen 

I thought it was a dream;
I thought it wasn't real.
I can not write anything the way my heart tells it,
Soft in murmurs or echoing loudly as it does.
Pain really hurts, even if it disappears, vanishes or never lasts.


In a war of arrows
My heart was found
Flaccid was the stem attached to the pointed tips Soaring the height of love,
Crashing down in turbulent
Flung from tight strings, bentwood.
The arrows of time struck into my soul as an Explosion in the sky,
It causes pain and a deep wound.
You lied when you promised to stay till the end.
Reality is bad enough. Why should you tell the truth?
Sadly you left me In this widest coast to die,
In the deepest ground Covered underneath the shadow with dead bodies buried in the cemetery of lies.
My soul was lost,
I swam lest my heart gets drowned.
The love I'll never betray,
Now It goes forever in the past.

© Nnadozie chukwuebuka E.A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST A TEEN

Just a teen  I don't know if this is depression, am I insane or deranged?

ACRIMONY

Acrimony     call it bitterness, anger, rancor or ill-feeling.

MASKED WITHOUT A VOICE

A toy shade nightmare You are better than this, A barbaric action caused by unbridled sexual desire, a pathological assertion of power over a victim.